- Boyden Library will issue a SAILS Library Network card to any Massachusetts resident. There is no charge for the first card: replacement cards are available for a $1.00 fee.
- Written proof of residency is required.
- A valid card is required to borrow materials, access the Internet, and to reserve and check-out museum passes.
- Children must be old enough to write their name (first name is okay) and must visit the library with a parent or legal guardian at the time of application.
- The child's parent or legal guardian must present verification of address and a photo ID at the time of application. If a driver's license does not show where the family currently lives, an official piece of mail such as a utility bill, a lease, or a piece of mail from the child's school can be submitted.
- The child's application must be signed by a parent or legal guardian. This shows that the parent or legal guardian accepts responsibility for materials borrowed with the card.
- The cost to replace a lost library card is $1.00.
- Everyone must bring their library card when checking out materials from the library.
- High Demand fiction and non-fiction: 2 weeks
- Fiction, non-fiction, all children's books: 4 weeks
- Magazines: 2 weeks
- Books on CD and music CDs: 2 weeks
- DVDs: 1 week
- Returnable Museum Passes: 2 days
- Curriculum kits: 2 weeks
- Hotspots: 1 week
- Library of Things Objects: 1 week
Automatic Renewals: Items will automatically be renewed for one additional loan period, except for those materials that have holds.
The Library reserves the right to limit the number of items in cases of high demand for some part of the collection.
- Library of Things (eg. Hotspots, Telescope, Metal Detector, etc.): $5 per day/no cap
- Returnable Museum Passes: $5 per day/$25 maximum