- Library of Things (eg. Hotspots, Telescope, Metal Detector, etc.): $5 per day/no cap
- Returnable Museum Passes: $5 per day/$25 maximum
- Boyden Library will issue a SAILS Library Network card to any Massachusetts resident. There is no charge for the first card: replacement cards are available for a $1.00 fee.
- Written proof of residency is required.
- A valid card is required to borrow materials, access the Internet, and to reserve and check-out museum passes.
- Children must be old enough to write their name (first name is okay) and must visit the library with a parent or legal guardian at the time of application.
- The child's parent or legal guardian must present verification of address and a photo ID at the time of application. If a driver's license does not show where the family currently lives, an official piece of mail such as a utility bill, a lease, or a piece of mail from the child's school can be submitted.
- The child's application must be signed by a parent or legal guardian. This shows that the parent or legal guardian accepts responsibility for materials borrowed with the card.
- The cost to replace a lost library card is $1.00.
- Everyone must bring their library card when checking out materials from the library.
- High Demand fiction and non-fiction: 2 weeks
- Fiction, non-fiction, all children's books: 4 weeks
- Magazines: 2 weeks
- Books on CD and music CDs: 2 weeks
- DVDs: 1 week
- Returnable Museum Passes: 2 days
- Curriculum kits: 2 weeks
- Library of Things Objects: 1 week
Automatic Renewals: Items will automatically be renewed for one additional loan period, except for those materials that have holds, museum passes, & Library of Things items.
The Library reserves the right to limit the number of items in cases of high demand for some part of the collection.